Technology Applications Center (TAC)
is a division of the Old Dominion University Business Gateway. ODUBG is an enterprise center at Old Dominion University.
TAC is a partner of GENEDGE ALLIANCE (formerly Virginia's A.L. Philpott Manufacturing Extension Partnership); a network affiliate of NIST-MEP. This is a national network of more than 59 affiliate centers, bringing enterprise expertise to over 149,000 businesses across the United States. The NIST affiliation brings a state-of-the-art knowledge base and access to a national network of expertise, assuring clients that the latest technical knowledge will be brought to bear on their problems.
Mission: We provide the highest quality engineering support in the areas of performance excellence and organizational management systems. This is accomplished through professional and cost-effective programs that:
- Enable manufacturing and service-based organizations to achieve world-class performance
- Create and develop skills and competencies of the individuals that constitute the workforce in those organizations.
Key Principles: TAC is dedicated to:
- Do what is best for each specific client
- Rapidly detect and leverage improvement opportunities, reducing the “time-to-value” of projects, providing the most bottom-line savings and/or top-line growth in the shortest time possible
- Strategically coach clients, providing them the training and tools to work independently instead of becoming consultant dependent.